I have always been a believer that labels are requisites. In a hospital, we put identifications on all the medications so we don't get confused. We put name tags on our patients to be certain that we are treating the right one. When we are driving, we see a lot of labels telling us where to go. When we own something, we put our name on it so that others will not take it from us without our permission. The same philosophy applies when it comes to relationships.
I hate assumptions. I don't want to think that I am exceptional to somebody when in the end, it was just me thinking that way. I would trade anything just to know if I have the right to participate into their lives. I am assured that almost everyone would consent with me. Everybody wants to be sure about their stand to someone . So as a respect to them, we tell them what they are to us.
So, whether it's Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Penicillin or North, South, East, West, or BFFs (bestfriends forever), to BFs (boyfriend) and EFLs (enemies for life), LABELS let us know what things are. They bring us to the right track. ASSUMPTIONS confuse us. They mislead us. Not knowing what my role to someone is the root of my discouragement. I hate insisting myself to those who don't even have the audacity to acknowledge the kind of person I am to them. If anyone cares about someone's feelings at all, they would not hesitate to ask your permission to label you as their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment