I always believed that there are people greater and lesser than we are. That is why we have to remind ourselves to either humble down, or help out. Yet, there are certain instances that we tend to respond inversely, especially when we seemed to be greater...We become opportunistic, we brag, we dominate, and furthermore, we take advantage.
In the kind of work that I am engaged in, I have often witnessed solid examples of what I have mentioned above. It irritates me every time I spot certain kinds of action. We are in a profession where lives are in huge jeopardy and there is no room for personal regard. We have been given the chance to serve; I reckon we stick to the main purpose why God chose us to be here.
There are people who seek medical attention through us because they believe that there's no one else to come to, considering they don’t get more of life’s favor. They should be given what they need and should be treated justly. They’ve been through series of mishaps; therefore, they are the ones that should be given comfort and I think it's just about right to advocate ourselves to them guilelessly.
I just don’t understand why there are those who can’t respond rightfully to their calling. Instead, belonging to this turf leads them to something unpleasant—they become selfish and ignorant. I don’t think I can respect a person who does that. Earning something at others’ expense is something I cannot swallow. These people are already at their weakest, so why have the nerve to still cheat on them? Being blessed to not experience their plight is reason enough to not deceive others.
Maybe each of us should know how to draw the line. The line that helps us identify whether we are doing what is right and what is not. It’s not an easy thing to do, but we can. We just have to bear in mind that at the end of the day, we get to have a good night sleep because we have wronged no one and stepped at no one. I just hope that everybody could say the same thing to themselves, because I can.
Disclaimer: I do not own the photo. Credits to the owner.
Disclaimer: I do not own the photo. Credits to the owner.
-AzziR-

No comments:
Post a Comment